Saturday, October 25, 2008

The parents came and we went to Florence

Last weekend my parents came. We went to Florence just shortly after it started raining in Rome. I took them to the Pantheon first while it was raining. 

The hole in the top was letting water in, so it was a giant circle of rain, a really cool experience.

My parents and I on our way to get our first meal in Florence.

Santa Maria Novella. This was the church we ended up going to church in on Sunday. This church also housed Massachio's artwork called the Trinity, possibly the first painting ever with correct proportions and perspective.
Mom and Dad outside the church.
The baptistry outside the Duomo. We studied these golden doors for our art history class.
The Duomo, my dad and I climbed to the top of the Dome. A long long hike up but totally worth it.
The best picture I could snap near the top of the Dome.
At the top was an amazing sight of Florence. In the picture you can see Giotto's bell tower and the city of Florence.
I'm at the top.
Another view of Florence. 

The next day we went to the Uffizi and Acedamia museums, which will be my next post... Enjoy!

No comments: