There were riots in Rome for a little over a week. They were all over Italy, but things got a little out of hand one night in Piazza Novana (Mom, Dad, that's where you took my friends and I out to eat) and things wound up on CNN. Chairs were thrown, whistles were blown, mace was Not used because they don't believe in that.
The riots happened because cutbacks were approved for the education system. It's nice to see youth getting together and standing against a common force, especially something as vital as eduacation (I spelled that wrong on purpose).
These pictures are actually from my Florence trip with my parents, but it shows you what I had to weave through on my way to class one day.
The mob had taken over the Tiber island bridge and had stopped traffic on three intersecting streets. People started to get out of their cars and ditch their buses to grab a coffee on a side street.

No comments:
Post a Comment