Friday, November 14, 2008

Florence and Milan

Our first stop on our Northern trip was Florence, which I had to navigate and get us to our museums on time. I did a Great job if I say so myself.

This is the Madonna and Child at the Uffizi museum by Fillipo Lippi. Probably one of my favorite paintings, and one that more detail went into Mary than Jesus. No pictures were allowed so again I went all cognito and this is the best one I snapped of it.
I did my best imitating David. If I could have taken off my clothes and brought a slingshot into the museum without getting arrested I would have.
This is a giant needle sticking out of the ground. Can't remember who this artist is but he also did the big umbrella outside of the Principle building in Des Moines.

The cathedral in Milan. The third largest church in the world next to the Vatican and one in Paris.


I'm feeding the birds in the square. I gave the dude two euro for corn which I guess wasn't enough so we argued for a bit and I left.

Well I hope you are all happy that I've finally updated this thing with stories and photos. I have Venice left and might split it into two different blogs because I have a lot of photos from it. I'll also put pictures of my artwork up here soon. 5 weeks left, Rome is going to be hard to leave.

Have a good weekend everyone and take care.

Love,
Rob

No comments: